Newcastleton is a village location in the south Borders region, ideally placed for touring and exploring with an abundance of outdoor pursuits. Granny’s Cottage is an easy walk to shops, pubs, cafe’s, restaurant etc. The River Liddle runs through the village and popular with anglers. There is a golf course, a children’s play-park, a Heritage Centre. 7 Stanes biking trail is in the vicinity and outdoor activities at Rock UK which has a swimming pool. Through out the year there is a Music Festival, a week-long Craft Fayre and an Agricultural Show. Hermitage Castle is just a few miles away.
9 miles away
Hill road with spectacular scenery, or 15 miles via village of Canonbie or do round trip.
- Walks and trekking
- Moorland wildlife watching
- Spring Fling – a weekend where local artists showcase their talents.
- Muckle Toon Adventure Festival – fun for all
- Common Riding – end July
21 miles or round trip via Hermitage Castle
- Old Whitrope Railway Site (on way)
- Beautiful Park and Museum, walled garden etc.
- Common Riding – early June
16 Miles away
- Dark Sky Park
- Renowned for forest treks and cycle routes
Dumfries and Galloway
- Golf courses
- So much more
70 Miles away
- So much History
- Edinburgh Castle
- Arthurs seat
- Capital city